Menu

WFC News

Posted: Feb 10, 2020

Man, woman found dead in Thurston County mobile home fire

A man and woman were found dead in a mobile home that caught fire Sunday night in East Olympia, officials said. Crews responded to the scene, in the 3500 block of 83rd Avenue SE, at about 8:30 p.m. after receiving reports of smoke and flames at the residence, said Lt. Ray Brady of the Thurston County Sheriff's Office.
- PUB DATE: 2/10/2020 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: KOMO-TV ABC 4 and Radio 1000
Read more
Posted: Feb 10, 2020

Mount Vernon Fire Department Loses Volunteers after Nearly 130 Years

When it was formed in 1891, the Mount Vernon Fire Department was comprised of men who were business owners, workers and neighbors. It took 30 years and a technological revolution before the department hired its first professional firefighters — two drivers to man the department’s first motorized firetruck and a chief.
- PUB DATE: 2/10/2020 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: Firehouse
Read more
Posted: Feb 9, 2020

Lint-clogged dryer blamed for fire that torched North Seattle townhome

A lint-clogged dryer is being blamed for a blaze that burned a North Seattle townhome Sunday night, leaving a family of three without a place to stay for a while. Flames were spotted pouring out of the third floor of the unit along the 14300 block of Midvale Ave. North just after 11 p.m., according to Seattle Fire.
- PUB DATE: 2/9/2020 2:52:02 PM - SOURCE: KOMO-TV ABC 4 Seattle
Read more
Posted: Feb 8, 2020

Graham's first female firefighter retires after 40 years of service

The first female firefighter for Graham Fire & Rescue retired this week after 40 years of service. Myra Merdian started at Graham Fire & Rescue in 1979. She has served as the department's Public Education Officer for the past 20 years, teaching fire safety to children in the Puyallup and Bethel School Districts.
- PUB DATE: 2/8/2020 3:37:09 PM - SOURCE: KING-TV NBC 5 Seattle
Read more
Posted: Feb 8, 2020

Firefighters knock out possible cooking-related fire in Spokane home

Spokane firefighters put out what they believe was a cooking-related fire in a Lincoln Heights home early Saturday morning. According to Spokane County Fire District 8, firefighters responded to the home in the 4200 block of East 28th Ave shortly after 3 a.m. There, they found fire coming from behind the stove and extending into the attic.
- PUB DATE: 2/8/2020 2:58:35 PM - SOURCE: KXLY-TV ABC 4
Read more
RSS
First45678910111213Last

Search News Articles